“Prayer” in the Book of Psalms
31 times in the Book of Psalms is the word “Prayer” found. That is enough times to read a new verse about “prayer” every day for a month! Sometimes it is found in the chapter heading. At other times it is in the text of the psalm. As you read through these words of Scripture today – take time to pray. Let’s seek the God of the Bible in a personal way and bring the requests and desires of our hearts to Him. The needs of this hour are great – and we have a great God Who can hear our calling to Him in prayer.
Blessings to you in these moments of prayer…
- Psalm 4:1 <<To the chief Musician on Neginoth, A Psalm of David.>> Hear me when I call, O God of my righteousness: thou hast enlarged me when I was in distress; have mercy upon me, and hear my prayer.
- 5:3 My voice shalt thou hear in the morning, O LORD; in the morning will I direct my prayer unto thee, and will look up.
- 6:9 The LORD hath heard my supplication; the LORD will receive my prayer.
- 17:1 <<A Prayer of David.>> Hear the right, O LORD, attend unto my cry, give ear unto my prayer, that goeth not out of feigned lips.
- 35:13 But as for me, when they were sick, my clothing was sackcloth: I humbled my soul with fasting; and my prayer returned into mine own bosom.
- 39:12 Hear my prayer, O LORD, and give ear unto my cry; hold not thy peace at my tears: for I am a stranger with thee, and a sojourner, as all my fathers were.
- 42:8 Yet the LORD will command his lovingkindness in the daytime, and in the night his song shall be with me, and my prayer unto the God of my life.
- 54:2 Hear my prayer, O God; give ear to the words of my mouth.
- 55:1 <<To the chief Musician on Neginoth, Maschil, A Psalm of David.>> Give ear to my prayer, O God; and hide not thyself from my supplication.
- 61:1 <<To the chief Musician upon Neginah, A Psalm of David.>> Hear my cry, O God; attend unto my prayer.
- 64:1 <<To the chief Musician, A Psalm of David.>> Hear my voice, O God, in my prayer: preserve my life from fear of the enemy.
- 65:2 O thou that hearest prayer, unto thee shall all flesh come.
- 66:19 But verily God hath heard me; he hath attended to the voice of my prayer.
- 66:20 Blessed be God, which hath not turned away my prayer, nor his mercy from me.
- 69:13 But as for me, my prayer is unto thee, O LORD, in an acceptable time: O God, in the multitude of thy mercy hear me, in the truth of thy salvation.
- 72:15 And he shall live, and to him shall be given of the gold of Sheba: prayer also shall be made for him continually; and daily shall he be praised.
- 80:4 O LORD God of hosts, how long wilt thou be angry against the prayer of thy people?
- 84:8 O LORD God of hosts, hear my prayer: give ear, O God of Jacob. Selah.
- 86:1 <<A Prayer of David.>> Bow down thine ear, O LORD, hear me: for I am poor and needy.
- 86:6 Give ear, O LORD, unto my prayer; and attend to the voice of my supplications.
- 88:2 Let my prayer come before thee: incline thine ear unto my cry;
- 88:13 But unto thee have I cried, O LORD; and in the morning shall my prayer prevent thee.
- 90:1 <<A Prayer of Moses the man of God.>> Lord, thou hast been our dwelling place in all generations.
- 102:1 <<A Prayer of the afflicted, when he is overwhelmed, and poureth out his complaint before the LORD.>> Hear my prayer, O LORD, and let my cry come unto thee.
- 102:17 He will regard the prayer of the destitute, and not despise their prayer.
- 109:4 For my love they are my adversaries: but I give myself unto prayer.
- 109:7 When he shall be judged, let him be condemned: and let his prayer become sin.
- 141:2 Let my prayer be set forth before thee as incense; and the lifting up of my hands as the evening sacrifice.
- 141:5 Let the righteous smite me; it shall be a kindness: and let him reprove me; it shall be an excellent oil, which shall not break my head: for yet my prayer also shall be in their calamities.
- 142:1 <<Maschil of David; A Prayer when he was in the cave.>> I cried unto the LORD with my voice; with my voice unto the LORD did I make my supplication.
- 143:1 <<A Psalm of David.>> Hear my prayer, O LORD, give ear to my supplications: in thy faithfulness answer me, and in thy righteousness.