God Has a “Because”
“Because of the multitude of the whoredoms of the wellfavoured harlot, the mistress of witchcrafts, that selleth nations through her whoredoms, and families through her witchcrafts.” Nahum 3:4
Our nation is in a critical moment of history. Just like Nineveh was judged by God because of sin, we too should expect God’s judgement.
Notice the 3 specific sins that were the “because” for God to send judgment:
1. Sexual sins. Not many people like the term “whoredom” but it is a way many people live. This is speaking about sexual sins. I read recently that only about 3 percent of people who get married are virgins. Lust and impatience is a wicked combination for temptation.
2. Witchcraft. Wizards, spells, and occult activity are more popular than ever. Books, tv, and popular culture have made this more “normal.” Even the basketball team in Washington is called the Wizards.
3. Idolatry. The combination of adultery and witchcraft infers idol worship. When pagan gods were worshipped in old times, the temples included prostitutes and selfish physical pleasures. Spiritual adultery takes place anytime an idol is worshipped. In addition, witchcraft is worship of Satan. Satan’s goal when temptation Jesus was to get Him to worship him. With tarot cards, eastern healing techniques, and Wiccan increasing, it is evident that many are being drawn away from the True God to worship Satan.
BECAUSE of these sins, God says in the next verse: “Behold, I am against thee, saith the Lord of hosts…”
There is always a “because” when God sends judgment. What can a person do? How can these sins be made right?
1. Confess sin. If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14
2. Repent of sin. He that covereth his sins shall not prosper: but whoso confesseth and forsaketh them shall have mercy. Proverbs 27:13
3. Restore Fellowship with God. For the Lord your God is gracious and merciful, and will not turn away his face from you, if ye return unto him. 2 Chronicles 30:9
So much more could be written or taught about this. God has a “Because.” Be sure to not be the cause of judgment in your life.
As far as the USA goes, we certainly need to confess, repent, and restore. There is no other hope- if our hope is not in Jesus.